Archman 2019.09 Xfce released, see screenshots
Mr Tulliana of Archman GNU/Linux team has announced the availability of Archman 2019.09 with the code name Lake With Fish (Şanlıurfa-Balıklıgöl in Turkish). This updated snapshot includes updated packages from Arch repositories, more tweaking for UI elements, and other bug fixes.
Archman is an Arch-based GNU/Linux distribution with additional customizations. You can read more about Archman in our gallery.
What is new in Archman 2019.09?
The Archman 2019.09 snapshot is using Xfce Desktop environment by default. It brings some customizations to Xfce Desktop and has fixed some issues reported in previous releases. The main changes are listed below.
- The Xfce panel size is set to 70% and will be placed on the bottom-center of the screen. With the autohide features, this will help users to make maximum use of their screen size.
- The open applications list in the panel is updated to show only icons and is grouped by default.
- The default Papirus icon theme has been replaced with Surfn Arc icon set.
- Added description about the distribution & the code name in Archman Sample Files
- Tkpacman is added to Archman repositories as an alternative package manager.
- Also, there are many updated packages from Arch repositories.
You can read the official Archman 2019.09 release announcement (Dead Link) in Archman website.
Following section showcases, some screenshots capture on Archman 2019.09 Xfce Edition.
01 Archman Xfce Desktop02 About Xfce - Xfce 4.1403 Whisker Application Menu04 Thunar File Manager05 Xfce4 Terminal06 Multitasking Demo07 Firefox Web Browser08 Parole Media Player09 Viewnior Image Viewer10 Quod Libet Music Player11 Gimp 2.10 splash12 GNU Image Manipulation Program13 LibreOffice Writer14 Resource usage using task manager15 resource usage using top16 Leafpad Text Editor17 Notes App18 Xfce Settings Manager19 Archman Settings Manager20 Wallpaper Selection21 Pamac package manager22 Leaving the system