antiX-19.1 released, see screenshots
The antiX project has announced the availability of antiX-19.1, latest bug fix cum update snapshot in antiX-19.x series. It is an incremental update, hence no need to perform a fresh installation of you are already running on antiX-19.
Multitasking in antiX 19.1
The antiX-19.1 release is based on Debian Buster and it is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit machines. This release is coming in the following variations.
- antiX-full (c1.1GB) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm plus full libreoffice suite.
- antiX-base (c700MB so fits on a cd) – 4 windows managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm.
- antiX-core (c350MB) – no X, but should support most wireless.
- antiX-net (c140MB)- no X. Just enough to get you connected (wired) and ready to build.
The main highlights in antiX-19.1 release are briefed below.
- Linux Kernel 4.9.200
- Firefox browser updated to 68.3.0esr-1
- IceWM upgraded to latest upstream version (1.6.3)
- elogind upgrade to 241.3
- feh without yudit dependency
- tomb version 2.7
- disk-manager included
- ceni network manager included, but connman is default
- various security upgrades
For more information, see the antiX-19.1 official release announcement.
antiX 19.1 screenshots
01 antiX Desktop02 Application Menu03 File Manager04 Rox Term05 Busy Desktop06 Firefox Browser07 App Select08 antiX Control Centre09 Command Line Control Centre09 LibreOffice Writer10 Gweled Game11 mps youtube12 Mirage Image Viewer13 GNOME MPV14 Space FM15 shutdown confirmation