Calculate Linux 17.12 released with support for RAID
Mr Alexander Tratsevskiy on behalf of Calculate Linux team has announced the release of Calculate Linux 17.12. This release brings support for installation on the RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) without losing fine tuning between performance and resource consumption.
Calculate Linux 17.12 is available in 8 different flavors. The Calculate Linux Desktop (CLD) comes with KDE Plasma. There are other alternative desktop flavors featuring Cinnamon, MATE & XFCE. In addition to desktop flavors, it includes Calculate Directory Server (CDS), Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS), Calculate Scratch Server (CSS) and Calculate Container Scratch (CCS).
Some of the notable highlights in Calculate Linux 17.12 can be summarized as follows:
- SoftRaid support added.
- Fixed autopartitioning problems.
- Third-party overlays supported.
- The Calculate Utilities server does not run in the background. Instead, it is launched by D-Bus.
- The MuQSS patch was included in the kernel configuration for better application task scheduling.
- The UKSM patch was included in the kernel configuration for less memory load.
- PAE binary kernel supported for 32-bit systems.
- All server kernel settings optimized.
- GCC completely updated to v6.4 and the kernel updated to v 4.14.
- In CLDC, CLDM and CLDX Pidgin were replaced by Gajim. The “httpupload, “image” and “URL image preview” come included.
- The LXC/LXD container version was renamed to Calculate Container Scratch (CCS).
- 11 493 binary packages are available.
You can read original Calculate Linux 17.12 release announcement in projects website.