Linux Lite 5.0 Emerald released
The Linux Lite team has announced the release of Linux Lite 5.0 with the code name Emerald. With the Ubuntu 20.04 Foundation, Linux Lite 5.0 is the most feature-rich release in the history of this distribution.
In addition to all positives from Ubuntu 20.04, and Xfce 4.14 - Linux Lite 5.0 brings several other enhancements specific to the project. The noteworthy improvements in Linux Lite 5.0 Emeral are briefed below.
- Introduces UEFI support
- Telemetry is disabled by default. So, no hidden track without your knowledge.
- Integrity check during live boot (a feature from Ubuntu core)
- GUFW firewall is replaced with FireWallD. It is disabled by default.
- Better update notification - Will check for updates twice a day by default and the user will be informed if any update.
- Latest whisker menu with a default sort feature
- Improved HiDPI configuration
- Mousepad is the default text editor.
- Lite Software includes a revised set of applications
- Major improvements in the Help documentation.
- Fresh looking logout options
- Lite Welcome & Lite User Manager updated to python3
- OEM installer for retailers and manufacturers
- Firewall status included in Lite Widget
- Language choice included on the login screen.
- & more.
For a complete list of changes & improvements in Linux Lite 5.0, read the official release announcement in the project’s forum.
Linux Lite 5.0 screenshots
00 banner01 Lite Welcome02 Lite Welcome - Dark and light theme03 Lite Desktop04 Whisker Menu05 Terminal Emulator06 Thunar Files07 Busy Desktop08 Window Switching09 Firefox Browser10 VLC Media Player11 Shotwell Image Manager12 GNOME Paint13 GIMP Splash14 GIMP in action15 LibreOffice Impress16 Mousepad Text Editor17 Synaptic package manager18 Help Manual19 Help Manual20 Lite Software21 Lite Software - Install22 Xfce Settings23 Background Selection24 Package update indicator25 Update notification26 About System27 Resource Usage - top28 Resource Usage - htop29 Task Manager30 Context Menu31 Shutdown Confirmation
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.