Manjaro 21.1.0 Pahvo released
The Manjaro project has announced the release of Manjaro 21.1.0 with the code name Pahvo. Manjaro 21.1.0 brings the latest package updates from the Manjaro repositories and also improves the user experience across different editions.
The Manjaro 21.1.0 release announcement includes the official editions GNOME, KDE Plasma, and Xfce.
The noteworthy highlights in Manjaro 21 1.0 release are as follows.
- Manjaro 21.1.0 brings several improvements to Calamares. It includes filesystem selection for automatic partitioning and enhanced support for brtfs. For brtfs, the default subvolume layout is optimized for easier rollback and effective space utilization. Also, brtfs can now support swap space.
- GNOME 40. The default layout more closely follows upstream. For those who prefer the old vertical desktop layout, the Manjaro legacy layout is available in gnome-layout-switcher.
- Firefox appearance is now more consistent with GNOME with a custom theme. This theme can be disabled in gnome-layout-switcher.
- The Plasma edition comes with the latest Plasma 5.22 series, Frameworks 5.85, and Applications (Gear) 21.08. Also, the default theme is updated to match more with the upstream. Plasma Wayland change is continuing in full swing.
- Manjaro 21.1.0 Xfce Edition comes with Xfce 4.16.
- Linux Kernel 5.13 is the default Kernel available. Also, there are minimal ISOs with Linux Kernel 5.4 LTS which offers additional support for older hardware.
For further information, read Manjaro 21.1.0 Pahvo release announcement.
Manjaro 21.1.0 Pahvo screenshots
00 title-clip01 Manjaro Hello 102 Manjaro Hello 203.0 Manjaro Desktop04 GNOME Files05 Terminal06 Application Menu Folder06 Application Menu07 Multitasking Overview08 Firefox09 Videos10 Lollypop Music Player11 Image Manager12 OnlyOffice13 GNOME Clocks14 GNOME Weather15 System Monitor16 Touchscreen Settings17 Pamac 018 Pamac 119 Pamac 220 Pamac 321 Manjaro Settings22 Kernel Management23 Leave System24 Shutdown confirmation