Nitrux 1.6.1 has been released
On 30th September 2021, Mr. Uri Herrera has announced the release of Nitrux 1.6.1. This is an incremental release in the Nitrux 1.6.x series and brings several package updates, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
What’s new in Nitrux 1.6.1?
The following section briefly explains the salient features in the Nitrux 1.6.1 release.
- Linux Kernel 5.14.8 non-LTS is the default kernel in the Nitrux 1.6.1 release. This will help to offer better hardware compatibility.
- KDE Plasma to version 5.22.5, KDE Frameworks to version 5.86.0, KDE Gear to version 21.08.1.
- Firefox and it’s available as an AppImage (sandboxed) by default.
- Inkscape to version 1.1.1.
- QML modules of Calamares to use a new Summary module (summary).
For further reading, release notes, and download links, proceed to Nitrux 1.6.1 release announcement on the project’s website.
Nitrux 1.2.9 screenshots
01 Nitrux Desktop02 About Nitrux 1.2.904 Index File Manager05 Station Terminal Emulator06 Busy Desktop07 Busy Desktop with alternate layout08 Window switching09 Firefox Browser10 Vvave Music Player11 LMMS Audio Editor12 GIMP Image Editor13 Nota Text Editor14 Buho - Sticky notes15 System Settings16 NX Firewall17 Enabling tiling WM18 Tiling window preview19 Background selection20 Discover - Featured apps21 Discover - applications22 Background Collection23 GIMP splash24 GIMP in action25 Resource usage - qps26 Resource usage - htop27 Resource usage - top28 Calendar widget29 Shutdown confirmation
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.