Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS released
The System76 group has announced the release of Pop!_OS 20.04, the latest stable release of hardware-focused GNU/Linux distribution build on top of Ubuntu. Pop!_OS 20.04 is the biggest release so far from the Pop!_OS. It brings several cool features that help to smoothen the navigation using the keyboard and to maximize productivity.
The noteworthy features in Pop!_OS 20.04 that improve productivity are briefed below. You can proceed to Pop!_OS blog for detailed reading.
- Pop!_OS shell is customized to make full advantage of the keyboard. It reduces the need for switching between mouse and keyboard frequently and helps to achieve the most with the keyboard itself.
- Revised keyboard shortcuts allow to open applications, switch between applications, switch desktop, and more things with the keyboard.
- Auto-tiling organizes your applications when it is opened. Keyboard shortcuts make auto-tiling better - you can move, resize, and swap windows using the keyboard. Auto-tiling can be disabled from the system menu if you don’t like it.
- Use workspaces to group your applications. You can switch workspaces, and move windows between workspaces using the keyboard.
- Integrated flatpak supported with Pop!_Shop
- Hybrid graphics mode to use a blend of intel graphics & NVIDIA graphics for the selected applications.
- Automatic firmware update
- Offline OS upgrade - to download upgrades on the background and apply it when you are ready.
Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS screenshots
01 Pop!_OS Desktop02 About Pop!_OS03 Application Menu04 Tiled Desktop05 Enabling and disabling tiling06 Window Switching07 Multitasking Overview08 Nautilus09 GNOME Terminal10 Firefox11 GNOME Videos12 Eye of GNOME13 LibreOffice Impress14 GNOME Weather15 GNOME Calendar16 GNOME Control Center17 Background Selection18 Switching appearance19 Keyboard Shortcuts20 Pop!_Shop21 Pop!_Shop - Category View21 Pop!_Shop - Details22 Resource usage - system monitor23 Resource usage - htop24 Resource usage - top25 Calendar Widget26 System Menu27 Shutdown Confirmation
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.