Siduction 2021.2.0 released
On 28th June 2021, Mr. Ferdinand Thommes has announced the release of Siduction 2021.2.0. Siduction is a rolling GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian Sid. The latest release of Siduction brings updated packages from the Debian Siduction branch as of 28th June 2021.
The Siduction 2021.2.0 is dedicated to Mr. Axel Beu. He was a core member and contributor of Siduction.
The main highlights of the Siduction 2021.2.0 release include the up-to-date user manual and package updates from the Debian foundation. Other highlights are as follows.
- KDE Plasma 5.20.5
- LXQt 0.16.0-1
- Cinnamon 22.214.171.124
- Xfce 4.16, Lxde 11
- Xorg images come with Fluxbox
- noX has no X at all
- This time, there are no MATE and GNOME flavors due to a lack of maintainers. These flavors may come back if new maintainers are coming in. Both GNOME and MATE desktops are available from the Siduction repositories.
- The team is focusing on the Plasma flavor and will hit with Plasma 5.21 in a couple of weeks. Also, the new system monitor that will be the successor to ksysguard and the Conference Companion Kongress
- There is a 2nd image with Plasma on offer, that is based on the builds by Norbert Preining, featuring the latest and greatest Plasma 5.22.4
- The Siduction Manual is now up-to-date in German. For English and other languages, the team is looking for maintainers.
For more information on Siduction 2021.2.0, read the official release announcement on the projects website.