Trisquel 10.0 Nabia has been released
The Trisquel project has announced the release of Trisquel 10.0 with the code name Nabia. Trisquel 10.0 is the latest stable release from the GNU/Linux project that completely adheres to the free software foundation guidelines. It inherits from Ubuntu 20.04 and will provide critical bug fixes and security updates until 2025.
With the improvements in the Trisquel project infrastructure, the overall development flow was much easier, the release announcement states.
What’s new in Trisquel 10.0 Nabia?
The key highlights in the Trisquel 10.0 Nabia release are as follows.
- Trisquel: MATE 1.24 is the default desktop environment considering its great accessibility support, simple user interface, and no dependency on 3D acceleration.
- Triskel: The KDE (v5.68) flavor was given lots of attention for this release and it is now as polished as the MATE counterpart.
- Trisquel Mini: With LXDE (v0.99.2), the Mini edition offers a lightweight desktop experience.
- Trisquel Sugar or Trisquel On A Sugar Toast (TOAST): Featuring the Sugar learning platform (v0.118), TOAST comes with dozens of educational activities for children.
- Network installer image: To deploy with a command-line install interface, it is ideal for servers and advanced users who want to explore custom-designed environments.
- GNU Linux-libre 5.4 by default, 5.8 and 5.13 available
- Abrowser (rebranded, privacy oriented Firefox derivative) 96.0
- Icedove (rebranded, privacy oriented Thunderbird derivative) 91.5.0
- LibreOffice 7.1.7
- VLC video player 126.96.36.199
- Xorg 7.7
- GNU Libc6 2.31
- Introduces support from ARM devices.
For further reading and download links - see the official release announcement on the Trisquel website.
Trisquel 10.0 Nabia screenshots
01 Desktop02 Context Menu03 Application Menu04 File Manager05 MATE terminal06 Abrowser07 VLC08 rhythmbox09 libreoffice writer10 settings menu11 backgrounds12 themes13 mate tweak14 app manager15 about system16 settings17 shutdown confirmation