MX-19 patito feo released with Xfce 4.14
The MX team has announced the release of MX-19 with code name patito feo. This stable release of MX Linux includes updated packages from Debian 10.1 snapshot and antiX and MX repositories.
MX-19 Terminal with neofetch command
The main highlight of MX-19 is Xfce 4.14, the latest stable release of MX’s flagship desktop environment. MX is one among the distributions which shipped Xfce 4.14 just after its release.
What is new in MX-19?
As mentioned earlier, the main highlight of MX-19 is the availability of the Xfce 4.14. It also includes other packages from upstream projects. A brief list is provided below.
- Xfce 4.14
- GIMP 2.10.12
- MESA 18.3.6
- Linux Kernel 4.19 from Debian
- Firefox 69
- VLC 3.0.8
- Clementine 1.3.1
- Thunderbird 60.9.0
- LibreOffice 6.1.5 (with security fixes)
In addition to package updates, MX-19 also has the following changes.
- New and MX-apps
- MX-installer (based on gazelle-installer) fixes some automount related issues.
- MX Date & Time utility makes clock setting easier.
- formatusb tool for formatting USB storage devices
- MX-packageinstaller is now capable of showing version number for flatpak applications.
- MX-packageinstaller also features LibreOffice updates from Debian backports repository. Currently, it is upto 6.3.x
- MX-updater no more require the password to check updates.
- improved wallpaper & artworks.
- Most of the help files have been updated in reference with MX-19
- A new app named bash-config for theme bash and setting aliases.
- mx-boot-repair contains more solutions for boot related issues.
- The FAQ section has been updated
- Improved support for hyper-v and kvm (inherited from antiX)
- better translations.
For further information on MX-19 release, see the official release announcement.
MX-19 Patito Feo screenshots
01 MX Welcome02 MX-19 Desktop03 Whisker Menu04 Thunar File Manager05 Xfce4 Terminal06 Busy Desktop07 Window switching08 Firefox09 VLC10 Clementine11 LibreOffice Impress12 Midnight Commander13 GIMP splash screen14 GIMP in Action15 Featherpad16 MX package installer17 Synaptic package manager18 MX-Updater19 Xfce System Settings20 Background Selection21 MX Tools22 MX Tweak23 Bash Config24 MX Cleanup25 MX Conky26 MX Date and Time27 Task manager28 Resource usage with top29 Leaving the desktop
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.