deepin 20.4 refines the user experience
The deepin LLC has announced the release of deepin 20.4, the latest stable release of beautiful GNU/Linux distribution from China. The deepin 20.4 release brings updated packages from the upstream projects and refines the deepin desktop to improve the user experience further.
What is new in deepin 20.4?
Following are the salient features in the deepin 20.4 release.
- The system installer improves partitioning logic. If there is an existing EFI partition, there is no need to create the partition again.
- The web browser introduces tab grouping, and collections feature. It enables easy search and sharing of tabs.
- A new monitoring plugin is added to the system monitor. With this, the user will get a notification when the CPU/memory usage exceeds a certain threshold. If the user gets this notification, they can stop unnecessary processes.
- Grand Search can be enabled or disabled by Dock settings, and search results can be opened using enter key or mouse click.
- 3rd party applications such as Baidu storage are now displayed in the file manager.
- A fresh set of wallpapers.
- Introduces biometric authentication
- Introduces option to install updates automatically when the updates are downloaded
- LTS kernel to version 5.10.83.
- Stable kernel to version 5.15.6.
For a complete list of changes in deepin 20.4, read the official release announcement in English.
Download deepin 20.4
You can download the deepin 20.4 images from the below links.
deepin 20.4 screenshots
01 title clip02 deepin welcome03 deepin welcome - customize04 deepin desktop05 context menu06 wallpapers07 screen saver08 application menu09 full screen menu10 terminal11 file manager12 browser13 window switching14 deepin movie15 deepin music16 deepin image viewr17 libreoffice writer18 deepin control center19 deepin personalization20 about system21 system monitor22 app center23 calendar24 notificatoins
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.