Kali Linux 2021.1 Released
On 24th February 2021, the Kali Linux team has announced the release of Kali Linux 2021.1. It is the first quarterly release from the Kali Linux project in 2021.
The Kali Linux 2021.1 is an incremental release, and it provides a direct update path from previous releases of Kali Linux. Those who don’t have a previous installation can download the latest snapshot from the project’s website and install it.
Kali Linux 2021.1 comes with 2 different desktop environments - ie, KDE and Xfce, and other variations such as Nethunter - the android platform, and Kali ARM edition.
What’s new in Kali Linux 2021.1?
The main highlights in Kali Linux 2021.1 are briefly explained below.
- Xfce 4.16
- KDE 5.20
- Updated releases of mate-terminal, terminator, and Tilix. All these terminals are kalified to improve the user experience and productivity.
- Command Not Found feature which will assist how to install a specific tool/application if it is not installed in the system already. - It will also offer spelling correction if a minor mistake is made while typing the command name.
- Provides more tools with the partnership with new authors and developers.
- Kali NetHunter - New BusyBox & Rucky version, and boot-animation
- Kali ARM - Preliminary support for Parallels on Apple Silicon (Apple M1) & Raspberry Pi 400 (WiFi Support)
- The Kali Website is migrated from WordPress to Hugo - a static & fast content management system.
- Tweaked wallpaper packages.
For further updates, read the official Kali Linux 2021.1 release announcement published on projects. website.