Kali Linux 2022.4 released
On 6th December 2022, the Kali Linux project announced the release of Kali Linux 2022.4. Kali Linux 2022.4 is the final release of the penetration testing and hacking distribution in 2022. This release brings Kali back into the Azure platform again and includes several package updates and new tools.
What’s new in Kali Linux 2022.4
The noteworthy highlights of Kali Linux 2022.4 are as follows:
- Kali has been added to Microsoft Azure again. Out of the box, currently, there is no graphical user interface or any tools pre-installed in the Azure release. It will be available to install through the kali-linux-default meta package. Also, the RDB can be configured with an Xfce Desktop environment.
- Introduces a QEMU image in the pre-generated image collection. It makes it easier for people who use self-hosted Proxmox Virtual Environments (VE), virt-manager, or libvirt.
- NetHunter Pro
- Kali NetHunter Pro now officially supports the Pine64 PinePhone and PinePhone Pro devices.
- Kali NetHunter introduces Internal Bluetooth Support
- In Kali NetHunter Wireless firmware has been updated, and Magisk firmware flashing is now patched.
- Introducing GNOME 43
- proxyswitcher is removed as it is not compatible with GNOME 43
- New GTK3 theme based on the adw-gtk3
- KDE Plasma 5.26
- Other bug fixes and enhancements
- Introducing new tools
- bloodhound.py - A Python-based ingestor for BloodHound
- certipy - Tool for Active Directory Certificate Services enumeration and abuse
- hak5-wifi-coconut - A user-space driver for USB Wi-Fi NICs and the Hak5 Wi-Fi Coconut
- ldapdomaindump - Active Directory information dumper via LDAP
- peass-ng - Privilege escalation tools for Windows and Linux/Unix* and macOS.
- rizin-cutter - reverse engineering platform powered by rizin
- Updates on Kali ARM
- Kali ARM has been added to Raspberry Pi Imager
For further reading, see the Kali Linux 2022.4 release announcement on the project’s website.
Kali Linux 2022.4 screenshots
01 title clip02 Kali Desktop03 Application Menu04 File Manager Plugin05 Thunar06 Terminal07 Window Switching08 Undercover mode09 Firefox10 Parole Media Player11 Settings12 Kali Tweaks13 Resource usage14 Shutdown confirmation
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.