KaOS 2020.07 released, see screenshots
On 18th July 2020, the KaOS team has announced the release of KaOS 2020.07. This latest monthly stable snapshot of KaOS features Plasma 5.19, and other noteworthy improvements.
The Plasma 5.19 experience in KaOS 2020.07 release brings a consistent design and header for system tray applets and notifications. Other highlights in KaOS 2020.07 snapshot are as below.
- Improved Calamares installer, which now depends on QML files as much as possible. If any extension/change is required, it is as easy as modifying QML files. The welcome module and keyboard layout module in Calamares installer depend on QML file input.
- The team has Included a few more firmware and applications in KaOS repositories. Among these, sof-firmware helps to support newer sound cards, and new applications include Photoflare, the music player VVave (the successor of Babe), and Kdiff3.
- Updated packages including Linux 5.7.8 and Qt 5.15.0.
- Improved Midna theme used in KaOS
- A well-integrated KSplash screen, and SDDM theme.
For more updates, read through the official KaOS 2020.07 release announcement published in the project’s blog.
KaOS 2020.07 screenshots
01.0 Spash screen01.1 KaOS Welcome02 KaOS Welcome - About03 KaOS Desktop04 KaOS - About System05 Application Menu06 Sticky Note Widget07 Calculator Widget08 Notifications09 Battery and brightness10 Volume Widget11 Dolphin12 Konsole13 Yakuake14 Busy Desktop15 Window Switching16 Multitasking Overview17 Falkon Browser18 MPV video player19 SMPlayer20 SMTube21 Gwenview22 Office applications23 Octopi package manager24 System Settings25 Midna Dark theme26 Background Selection27 Resource Usage - KSysGuard28 Resource Usage - top29 Resource Usage - htop30 Shutdown confirmation