Plasma is a modern desktop environment developed by the KDE community. With plenty of customization options, KDE Plasma offers a traditional look & feel and with several productivity improvement add-ons. Despite having several options and cool effects, Plasma is lighter in terms of resource usage. It takes almost one 3rd of memory used by its main competitor, ie, GNOME Desktop.
Plasma Desktop is backed by Qt frameworks and KDE Applications.
The Plasma Desktop provides a cool desktop experience which makes use of modern design approaches. The visual effects used in Plasma is scalable and can support a wide range of display devices. These visual effects are not only good looking but also less stressful for eyes and thus dramatically improves productivity.
|Page Hit Rank (rank/views)||12 (2 hits per month)|
|Distributions with KDE Plasma|| |
Other stories on KDE Plasma
- Plasma 5.16 default wallpaper is selected
- KDE Frameworks 5.40.0 released
- Plasma 5.11 beta is available now
- KDE Frameworks 5.38.0 released
- Feren OS 2020.11 Carbon released
- Kubuntu 20.10 Groovy Gorilla released
- Q4OS 3.12 Centaurus released
- MX-19.2 KDE released; screenshots
- KaOS 2020.07 released, see screenshots
- OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 Plasma Edition screenshots
- openSUSE Leap 15.1 Plasma Edition screenshots
- Plasma 5.14.4 released with several bug fixes
- Plasma 5.14 brings major improvements
- KDE neon offers a near perfect desktop on a stable base
- Linux Mint 18.1 KDE beta released