Linux Mint 20 Ulyana released
The Linux Mint team has announced the release of Linux Mint 20 with the code name Ulyana. It is a stable release of Linux Mint with the foundation on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Following the tradition of Ubuntu LTS releases, Linux Mint 20 will be supported till 2025.
Linux Mint 20 release includes all 3 official variations, Cinnamon, MATE, and XFCE editions. All these editions bring the latest enhancements and improvements from the corresponding ecosystem to provide the best experience to the user.
The main highlights in Linux Mint 20 are listed below. For a detailed overview, you may proceed to official release announcements and release notes in the Linux Mint blog.
- Introduces a new tool named Warpinator for sharing files between computers connected in a local network. It allows us to transfer files without any server configuration. Warpinator provides the same functionality as Giver which was available in Linux Mint years back.
- Linux Mint 20 offers better support for NVIDIA Optimus. The NVIDIA Prime applet now shows your GPU renderer and you can select which card to switch to straight from its menu.
- XAppStatusIcon has received the ability to handle mouse wheel actions, and also tray icons have been updated with symbolic icons to have good look in HiDPI screens.
- Various updates in XApps
- Improved user interface for GDebi - a tool for opening and installing *.deb files.
- Improved Mint-Y theme with different colors and the welcome app provides the option to choose the default color scheme.
- Xfce 4.14
- Linux Kernel 5.4
- MATE 1.24
- Cinnamon 4.6