Pardus 19.1 released with updated packages
The Pardus team has released an updated snapshot in Pardus 19.x series. The Pardus 19.1 is an incremental release in this series and provides a set of updated packages and some additional default packages.
As Pardus 19.1 is an incremental release, there is no need to perform a fresh installation if you are already running on Pardus. A simple system update operation will make all the 19.1 packages available for you.
$ sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
What’s new in Pardus 19.1?
The official release notes for Pardus 19.1 (Turkish) lists a set of updates available in Pardus 19.1. The major updates are briefed below.
- Updated notification desk has been added to Xfce and Gnome versions.
- Pinta and GIMP image editor application will be installed in Xfce and Gnome versions.
- Gnome interface improvements.
- Pardus Mazağa application has been improved.
- More than 200 package updates and installer patches.
- Over 2000 packages have been updated in the repositories.
- Firefox 68.2
- Thunderbird 68.2.2.
- VLC 3.0.8.
- LibreOffice 6.1.5
Pardus 19.0 Xfce screenshots
01 Pardus 19.0 Xfce Desktop02 Whisker Menu in Pardus03 Thunar File Manager04 Xfce Terminal05 Multitasking Overview06 Firefox ESR07 VLC Media Player08 Ristretto Image Viewer09 LibreOffice Writer10 System Settings11 Pardus Store - home12 Pardus Store - categories13 Synaptic package manager14 resource usage on idle state15 Shutdown confirmation