Ubuntu 22.10 Kinetic Kudu released
The Canonical has announced the release of Ubuntu 22.10 Kinetic Kudu. Along with regular updates, Ubuntu 22.10 features GNOME 43. GNOME 43 comes with refines the user experience with improved performance and consistency.
What is new in Ubuntu 22.10 Kinetic Kudu?
- Ubuntu 22.10 Kinetic Kudu integrates GNOME 43. It includes GTK4 theming for improved performance and consistency.
- Quick settings is a part of GNOME 43 - which helps to access Wi-Fi, VPN, Bluetooth, Night Light, Airplane Mode, and Dark Mode settings from the system menu.
- System Settings is responsive and more adaptive now.
- There is an Ubuntu Desktop option in the System Settings application which helps to configure different aspects of the desktop.
- If multiple windows of the same app are open, it can be spread from the Ubuntu Dock.
- File manager is fully adaptive now. The items will get arranged based on the window size.
- Pipewire is the default audio system now. It broadens support for audio devices and provides a step up in bluetooth connectivity, delivering improved performance for video conferencing.
- Linux Kernel 5.19
- Mozilla Firefox 105
- Thunderbird 102
- LibreOffice 7.4
For further information, read official Ubuntu 22.10 release announcement published on projects website.
Download Ubuntu 22.10
Download Ubuntu 22.10 Kinetic Kudu
Ubuntu 22.10 Kinetic Kudu screenshots
01 Ubuntu Kinetic Desktop02 About System03 Application Menu04 Nautilus05 Nautilus Adaptive06 Terminal07 Window Switching08 Firefox09 Video Player10 Rhythmbox11 Image Viewer12 LibreOffice Writer13 System Settings14 System Settings Dark15 System Settings Adaptive16 Ubuntu Software17.0 Ubuntu Software Adaptive17.1 Resource Usage17.2 Resource Usage top18 System Menu19 Leave options
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.