Ubuntu Budgie 19.10 released, see screenshots
The Ubuntu Budgie team has announced the release of Ubuntu Budgie 19.10 Eoan Ermine, the latest stable release of Ubuntu flavor featuring Budgie Desktop. It includes a bunch of improvements from Ubuntu and Budgie Desktop projects. With updated packages and tweaks, Ubuntu Budgie Eoan Ermine offers a better user experience.
What is new in Ubuntu Budgie 19.10 Eoan Ermine?
The main highlights of Ubuntu Budgie 19.10 are briefed below.
- The Budgie Desktop is integrated with latest GNOME 3.34 stack. Also, the team has made some noteworthy contributions in making the overall desktop experience better and the same ported
- The Budgie Applets have been improved for better performance and user experience. Improved applets includes window previews, quick char mini app, fuzzy clock applet, stopwatch applet, brightness control, status notifier ..etc.
- NVIDIA drivers are provided on the ISO. This enables installation of NVIDIA drivers without internet connection.
- Enables installation on ZFS partitions. This is an experimental feature and Canonical is trying to make this a core feature in upcoming LTS release.
- Linux Kernel 5.3
- Redesigned background selection from GNOME 3.34 stack
- LibreOffice 6.3.x.
For a complete list of feature in Ubuntu Budgie 19.10 Eoan Ermine, read release notes published on projects official website.
Ubuntu Budgie 19.10 Eoan Ermine screenshots
The following section showcases some screenshots captured on Ubuntu Budgie 19.10 BETA release.
01 Budgie Welcome02 Budgie Welcome - Browser Ballot03 Budgie Welcome - Applets04 Budgie Welcome - Themes05 Budgie Desktop - First Impression06 Application Menu07 Nemo File Manager08 Tilix Terminal Emulator09 Busy Budgie Desktop10 Alt plus Tab navigation11 Firefox12 GNOME MPV13 Rhythmbox Music Player14 LibreOffice Impress15 gThumb Image Viewer16 GNOME Control Center17 Wallpaper Selection18 Wallpaper Selection Menu from GNOME 3.3419 About Ubuntu Budgie20 2048 Game21 Budgie Desktop Settings22 Resource usage with GNOME system monitor23 Resouce usage with htop24 Calendar Menu25 GNOME Calendar26 GNOME Sofware27 GNOME Software Installed Apps28 GNOME Software Category View29 Budgie Applets30 Places Applet31 User Indicator32 Shutdown Confirmation