Ubuntu Budgie was started as an unofficial remix of Ubuntu in 2016. By end of the year, it was recognized as an official community flavor of Ubuntu. It combines solid Ubuntu core with elegant, efficient and productive budgie desktop, developed by Solus project.
Ubuntu Budgie project does a fair amount of customization on vanilla budgie desktop to make it more appealing to end users and ships numerous applications that will have great value in day to day activities.
One of the key attraction of Ubuntu Budgie is Budgie Welcome, an advanced application that takes users through various configuration options such as steam installation, multimedia codec installation, budgie applet installation ..etc. It also provides options to switch complete look & feel with a single click.
Other stories on Ubuntu Budgie
- Developers Diary, June 2017
- Finally, budgie-remix becomes Ubuntu Budgie
- Ubuntu Budgie 22.10 Kinetic Kudu has been released
- Ubuntu Budgie 21.10 Impish Indri has been released
- Ubuntu 21.10 Impish Indri BETA images are available now
- Ubuntu Budgie 21.04 Hirsute Hippo screenshots
- Ubuntu Budgie 20.10 Groovy Gorilla released
- Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 LTS release & screenshots
- Ubuntu Budgie 19.10 released, see screenshots
- Ubuntu Budgie 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish brings early glimpses of Budgie 10.5
- Ubuntu Budgie team member Jacob creates Budgie Applet to manage USB devices
What do you think about Ubuntu Budgie?