Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 LTS release & screenshots
Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 LTS is a long term supported release from Ubuntu Budgie. Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 with code name Focal Fossa was released on 23rd April 2020 along with Ubuntu and other official community flavours. As an LTS release of Ubuntu flavour, Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 will be supported for next 3 years.
Highlights & Changes
In addition to inherting all the core improvements from Ubuntu 20.04 Foundation, Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 release is coming with following distribution specific enhancements.
- Budgie Desktop v10.5.1 on top of GNOME 3.36 stack.
- Stylish Menu applet to replace existing application menu. It provides a smoother and faster experience and is comparable with slingshot launcher in the elementary OS.
- Uses Celluloid as default media player - It is a successor of GNOME MPV.
- 4K resolution friendly desktop premises and applets
- Includes GNOME Firmware and Draw as default applications.
- Better lock screen styling - buttons are now flat and match the lock screen dialog
- Removed system tray applet from default installation and added network manager applet.
- and more.
For a complete list of changes and highlights read Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 release notes in project’s official website.
Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 LTS screenshots
01 Budgie Welcome - First impression in live mode02 Budgie Welcome - First impression in normal mode03 Browser Ballot04 Budgie Welcome - Home05 Budgie Welcome - About Ubuntu Budgie06 Budgie Welcome - Theme and layouts07 Budgie Welcome - Applets08 Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 Desktop - First Impression09 About Ubuntu Budgie - GNOME Control Center10 Application Menu11 Application Menu - Category View12 Nemo File Manager13 Tilix Terminal Emulator14 Busy Desktop15 Alt plus tab window switching16 Firefox Browser17 Celluloid Video Player18 Rhythmbox Music Player19 gThumb Image Viewer20 LibreOffice Writer21 GNOME Calendar22 2048 Puzzle Game23 GNOME Control Center24 Background Settings25 Budgie Settings26 Idle resource usage - System Monitor27 Idle resource usage - top28 Idle resource usage - htop29 GNOME Software30 GNOME Software - Category View31 GNOME Software - System Details32 Date and Time applet32 Places Menu applet33 System Menu applet34 Shutdown Confirmation