Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine released, see screenshots
On behalf of Ubuntu Release Engineering team, Mr Adam Conrad has announced the release of Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine. This release includes Ubuntu Desktop, Server and Cloud Editions. It also covers images for other official flavors such as Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Ubuntu Budgie, UbuntuKylin, Ubuntu MATE, Ubuntu Studio, and Xubuntu.
Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine is a regular release of Ubuntu. It will be having a life span of 9 months. After the life cycle of 9 months, users are expected to upgrade their system to keep their system secure & stable.
As a regular release, Ubuntu 19.10 brings a handfull of major changes. These changes will be tracked and observed by the Canonical team for critical issues. This will help to ensure any critical issue would not happen with upcoming long term supported release, which is Ubuntu 20.04.
One of the key highlight of Ubuntu 19.10 is the availability of NVIDIA drivers on the default installation image. This facilitates the users to make use of their NVIDIA hardware without any additional head-ache.
What is new in Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine?
As a non-LTS release, Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine brings some drastic changes. Some notworthy highlights in Ubuntu 19.10 are summarized below.
- NVIDIA Support: Unlike the previous releases, Ubuntu has decided to ship NVIDIA drivers in the default installation image. This will help users to easily install proprietary driver and enjoy the advantage of NVIDA hardware.
- GNOME 3.34: The latest stable release from the GNOME project. This includes some user experience improvements with smooth transitions and animations. The release also brings some changes in UI, especially background selection in the control panel. The ability to create custom groups of applications in the application menu is also a part of this release.
- Light Yaru theme: Ubuntu introduced the Yaru theme as part of Ubuntu 18.10 release. It was coming with a dark shade like the tradition of Ubuntu. In 19.10, a light variation of Yaru theme will be used as default.
- ZFS Support: Ubuntu Eoan Ermine can be installed on ZFS partitions.
- Reduce flicker during boot: With the advent of technology, Ubuntu 19.10 has reduced the screen flickering during booting. There would be a smoother trasition from plymouth screen to login screen.
- Linux Kernel 5.3.x series
- Ubuntu Eoan Ermine will support theming snap applications.
- Updated toolchain with glibc 2.30, OpenJDK 11, rustc 1.37, GCC 8.3, optional GCC 9, Python 3.7.3 as default, ruby 2.5.5, php 7.2.15, perl 5.28.1, golang 1.10.4. ..etc
Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine screenshots
The Following section showcases some of the screenshots captured on Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Erime BETA.
01 Ubuntu Eoan Ermine Desktop02 About Ubuntu Eoan Ermine 03 Application Menu04 Stock Application Folder05 Custom application folder06 Nautilus File Manager07 GNOME Terminal08 Busy Desktop09 Alt plus Tab switch10 Multitasking Overview11 Firefox Browser12 Totem Videos13 Rhythmbox Music Player14 Shotwell15 Gnome Phots (Eye of GNOME)16 LiberOffice Writer 6.317 GNOME Calendar18 GNOME Software19 GNOME Software - Category View20 GNOME Software - Installed applications21 GNOME Control Center22 Redesigned background selection23 gEdit - Text Editor24 Resource usage on idle state - htp24 Resource usage with gnome system monitor25 Calendar and notification widget26 System Menu27 Shutdown confirmation