Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria Released with New Features and Improvements
The Linux Mint team has announced the release of Linux Mint 21.2 with the code name Victoria. Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria is an incremental update in 21 series and comes with a number of new features and improvements, including enhancements to the slick greeter, updates to the software manager and XApp stack updates.
Linux Mint 21.2 release includes all three official flavors, Xfce, Cinnamon, and MATE. The release offers the latest updates from the corresponding desktop ecosystem and other visual enhancements.
Linux Mint 20.3 Victoria: New Features and Improvements
The following section briefly explains the noteworthy highlights of the Linux Mint 21.2 release.
- The slick greeter now offers locale change support, also arrow key navigation is improved for the password field. A password reveal icon is now available on the password field.
- The featured section in the software manager now includes flatpaks.
- Pix the image manager is now rebased with the latest gThumb which includes modern UI. It uses header bars and buttons instead of toolbars and menubars.
- Fresh look and feel for folder icons with different color shades.
- Updated and improved artworks.
- Linux kernel 5.15
- Cinnamon 5.8 which introduces light, dark and mixed style modes.
- The Cinnamon notifications were redesigned to feature the accent color.
- Cinnamon 5.8 introduces gesture support for window managers and media controls.
- Resizable main menu
- Xfce 4.18
Download Linux Mint 21.2 BETA
Please note that Linux Mint 21.2 images are available for download from the official website. To download and try it out, visit the official Linux Mint website and choose your preferred flavor.