PCLinuxOS 2019.08 released with updated packages
The PCLinuxOS team has announced the release of PCLinuxOS 2019.08. It is a stable snapshot of independent, rolling GNU/Linux distribution. This release comes with updated Linux Kernel, desktop environments and other improvements.
PCLinuxOS 2019.08 includes latest snapshots of MATE Edition, Plasma full edition and Plasma Darkstar edition. In addition to the default applications coming with Plasma and MATE Desktops, the MATE Edition and Plasma full edition features following applications.
- Timeshift – backup and restore utility
- Bitwarden – a free and open source password management solution
- RawTherapee – photo manipulation software(Gimp also included)
- Megasync – store your files in the cloud
- Teamviewer – control another computer from yours
- Simplenotes – a note-taking application with markdown support
- Kodi – a multimedia center
- Kazam – a screen capture utility
- Calibre – the one stop solution for all your e-book needs.
While the Plasma Darkstar edition is a lightweight version featuring bare minimum applications from Plasma ecosystem. The image size of Darkstar edtion is much less comparing to Plasma full edition.
The noteworthy updates in PCLinuxOS 2019.08 are listed below.
- Linux Kernel 5.2.8
- MATE 1.22.1
- Pulseaudio 12.99.2
- LibreOffice 6.3
- KDE Applications 19.04.3
- KDE Frameworks 5.60.0
- KDE Plasma 5.16.4
The PCLinuxOS 2019.08 installation images are fully updated as of 10th August 2019. This will help new users to save bandwidth when updating their system after first installation.
If you like to explore PCLinuxOS 2019.06 Plasma Edition screenshots and slideshow you can checkout our previous post.