Nitrux 1.0.15 released with Linux Kernel 4.18.5
The Nitrux team has announced the immediate availability of Nitrux 1.0.15. This is a stable update of Ubuntu-based GNU/Linux distribution that offers a simplified Plasma experience.
The Nitrux 1.0.15 brings improved hardware support and updated graphics stack with Linux Kernel 4.18.5. It also includes package updates from the base distribution, bug fixes, and performance improvement tweaks. Nitrux 1.0.15 ships fixe for several vulnerabilities found in previous releases.
The main highlights of Niturx 1.0.15 release can be summarized as,
- Updated packages from Ubuntu/cosmic.
- Updated kernel to version 4.18.5.
- Updated Plasma 5 (5.13.4), KDE Apps (18.08), KF5 (5.50.0) and Qt 5 (5.11.1).
- Updated Kvantum to version 0.10.9.
- Added Mesa (18.1.5) drivers for Vulkan, VDPAU, and support for VP-API.
- Added microcode updates for Intel (3.20180807a.1) and AMD (3.20180524.1) processors.
- Added support for exFAT drives.
- Added support for btrfs partitions in Calamares (default is ext4).
- Added Kcalc.
- Disabled KDE Wallet subsystem.
You can read more about Nitrux 1.0.15 in a release announcement published in projects Google Plus community.