4MLinux 26.0 released with LibreOffice 6.1 and Firefox 61.x
The 4MLinux team has announced the release of 4MLinux 26.0, the latest stable release of independent GNU/Linux distribution with JWM. This release brings a set of updated packages including LibreOffice 6.1 and Firefox 61.0.2.
In addition to the usual package updates, 4MLinux 26.0 provides better development, image editing and, multimedia experience with a set of tools and packages.
The main highlights in 4MLinux 26.0 can be summarized as,
- Set of updated packages including LibreOffice 18.104.22.168, GNOME Office (AbiWord 3.0.2, GIMP 2.10.6, Gnumeric 1.12.43).
- Helps to share your files using DropBox 55.4.171, surf the Internet with Firefox 61.0.2 and Chromium 68.0.3440.75, stay in touch with your friends via Thunderbird 52.9.1 and Skype for Web, enjoy your music collection with Audacious 3.10, watch your favorite videos with VLC 3.0.3 and mpv 0.28.2, play games powered by Mesa 17.3.7 and Wine 3.14. You can also set up the 4MLinux LAMP Server (Linux 4.14.64, Apache 2.4.34, MariaDB 10.3.9, PHP 5.6.37 and PHP 7.2.9). Perl 5.26.1, Python 2.7.14, and Python 3.6.4 are also available.
- Tcl/Tk (with a collection of small games) integration
- Engrampa (archive manager) with the ability open Debian packages
- Git includes both GUI and cgit web interface
- Beaver (with syntax highlighting) has been as a simple Script/C/C++ code editor
- TiMidity++ now uses the Tcl/Tk interface
- AbiWord has migrated from GTK2 to GTK3
- Expect has been added to the 4MLinux Server to facilitate task automation
- Xorriso (with its GUI) is now available as a downloadable extension
- full support for modern image and video encoding
- ImageMagick and GIMP are now able to handle WebP, HEIF and BPG images.
- Hyper Video Converter for VP8/VP9/AVC/HEVC encoding, creating the video for web, extracting audio tracks, and many other tasks
You may also read the 4MLinux 26.0 release announcement in projects blog.