deepin 15.5 beta released with small yet useful features
The deepin community has announced availability of deepin 15.5 beta for testing. This release brings various small feature additions and improvements to provide a better user experience.
Some of the feature additions in deepin 15.5 beta release includes, new web application framework, support for flatpack pages, color temperature feature, better compatibility for WUXGA displays… etc. Also, there are multiple optimizations applied on network module and desktop environment.
Other highlights in deepin 15.5 beta release includes:
- Optimized proxy function, fast export configured VPN and import existing VPN file.
- Application proxy function - When set proxy, different applications required different environment (such as Netease Cloud Music and Spotify), then you can enable Application Proxy for specified applications.
- Launcher icon scaling - On device with WUXGA screen, the system will auto adjust the icon size for your sreen. On common device, you can freely resize the icon by shortcuts and mouse wheel (Ctrl =/- or Ctrl+mouse wheel).
- Desktop icon collision avoidance - Besides Auto Arrange, if you want to move an icon to a location on desktop, just drag and drop it before another icon which will leave a location.
- Ability to hide plugins on dock - n Fashion and Efficient mode, if you want to reduce space on Dock, right click on Dock to select Plugins and uncheck the plugin to hide it.
- Ability to force quit applications
- Ability to clear package cache directory.
For more information, see release announcement published in deepin blog.