Endless OS 4.0.0 has been released
On 22nd November 2021, the Endless community has announced the release of Endless OS 4.0.0, the latest stable release of the GNU/Linux distribution project. Endless OS inherits from Debian and makes use of OSTree and Flatpak for package management.
What’s new in Endless OS 4.0.0?
Following are the noteworthy highlights in the Endless OS 4.0.0 release.
- Endless OS 4.0.0 desktop introduces easily visible indicators to identify that applications are listed across multiple pages and provide arrow keys to switch between these pages.
- New wallpaper
- Faster user switching.
- Driverless printing with the help of Internet Printing Protocol.
- Endless OS 4.0.0 can get critical security updates and bug fixes even after the 5.0 release.
- Linux kernel 5.11 and updated linux-firmware
- OSTree 2020.8 and flatpak 1.10.2, with some performance improvements for OS and apps updates.
- Reuses the Debian packages if it is not changed for the Endless OS. Previously, all the packages were built in the Endless OS infrastructure.
- The remote desktop viewer is removed from the default installation.
- Chrome has been removed from the default installation due to licensing issues. However, there is an automatic downloader for the smooth installation of chrome.
- .. and more.
For a complete list of changes in Endless OS 4.0.0, read the official release notes on the project’s website.
Download Endless OS 4.0.0
You can download Endless OS 4.0.0 64 Bit image using the below torrent link. Other download options are available in Endless OS website.
Endless OS 4.0.0 screenshots
01 title clip02 Application Search03 About the system04 File Manager05 Terminal06 Chromium browser07 Learning modules08 System monitor09 Software centre10 libreoffice writer11 background collection12 quick menu13 system menu14 shutdown confirmation