Linux Lite 6.0 Fluorite has been released
Mr. Jerry Bezencon - the creator of the Linux Lite project, has announced the release of Linux Lite 6.0. With the Ubuntu 22.04 foundation, Linux Lite 6.0 offers a complete desktop experience. The theme of the Linux Lite 6.0 release is inclusion and freshness, and the release focuses on user experience enhancements and accessibility improvements.
System Monitoring Center in Linux Lite 6.0
What is new in Linux Lite 6.0 Fluorite?
The following section briefly describes the key highlights of the Linux Lite 6.0 release.
- Introducing a new window theme - materia. Materia is a well-maintained theme project that supports Gtk 2.x, Gtk 3.x, Gtk 4.x, GNOME shell, and other desktop environments.
- With the accessibility improvements, Linux Lite 6.0 offers zooming in on the desktop, and screen reader and provides an on-screen keyboard.
- Google Chrome replaces firefox. This migration is due to the decision of Canonical to ship firefox as snap package.
- New reboot and shutdown entries in the GRUB menu.
- Latest libreoffice release.
- System Monitoring Center: replaces Task Manager and Process Viewer
- Other bug fixes.
For a complete list of changes in Linux Lite 6.0, and more screenshots read the official release announcement in the Linux Lite forum.
Download Linux Lite 6.0
Linux Lite 6.0 can be downloaded from the official website. You can pay an amount if you want to, otherwise you can proceed to download for free.
Linux Lite 6.0 screenshots
01 Lite Welcome02 Desktop Menu03 Desktop04 Whisker Menu05 Thunar06 System information07 Xfce Terminal08 Window switching09 Chrome10 VLC11 LibreOffice Writer12 System Settings13 Lite Widget14 Orca Keyboard15 Monitoring Center16 Wallpaper collection17 shutdown confirmation
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.