Linux Lite 6.2 refines UI, and brings updated applications
The Linux Lite project has announced the availability of Linux Lite 6.2, an incremental update in the Linux Lite 6.2 release. Linux Lite 6.2 includes UI improvements, software updates, and bug fixes.
Linux Lite 6.2 inherits from Ubuntu 22.04.1 and will get critical security patches and updates for the next five years. The existing users of Linux Lite 6 can upgrade their system with the Lite Upgrade tool and avail of all benefits of this release.
What is new in Linux Lite 6.2?
The following section briefly explains the noteworthy features of Linux Lite 6.2.
- The Lite Upgrade application has been rewritten to improve performance and user experience. Also, LibreOffice is included in the Upgrader.
- Latest icons from the Papirus icon set.
- Shotcut video editor replaces Openshot in Lite Software. Openshot is broken in Jammy release.
- Fixed lengthy dialog in many Lite applications.
- Updated Chrome & LibreOffice
- Kernel: 5.15.0-52 ( custom kernels also available via Lite Repository for versions 3.13 - 6.0+ )
For further information, see the official Linux Lite 6.2 release announcement published on Linux Lite forums.
Download Linux Lite 6.2
Linux Lite 6.2 offers a Pay What You Can approach. It request you to contribute some amount while downloading the installation media. We do not break this idea by giving a direct link to the installation media.
You can download Linux Lite 6.2 from projects official website. Download Linux Lite 6.2
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.