NomadBSD 1.3.2 released with FreeBSD 12.1-p6 Foundation
On 6th July 2020, the NomadBSD team has announced the release of NomadBSD 1.3.2. This release has its foundation on FreeBSD 12.1-p6 and comes with multiple improvements and enhancements.
The changes in NomadBSD 1.3.2 range from core system package updates to top-level user experience improvements like volume control, and brightness control utilities.
A comprehensive list of updates in NomadBSD 1.3.2 is given below. For further details, see the official release announcement in the NomadBSD website.
- The base system upgraded to FreeBSD 12.1-p6.
- rtsx-kmod, which is a driver for Realtek card readers, has been added.
- The ZFS layout used for installing NomadBSD on a hard disk has been changed to allow beactl to back up the boot environment.
- load_iichid has been added. It is a rc-script, which offers the user, via a dialog(1) menu, to load the experimental iichid driver from sysutils/iichid if it finds an I2C HID. graphics/intel-backlight has been added.
- A curses menu has been added, which allows users to acknowledge licenses of certain wireless drivers in order to use them.
- A unionfs_maxfiles rc.conf variable has been added. It controls how many files can be opened on the unionfs. graphics/mirage has been replaced by graphics/viewnior.
- A patch from 12-STABLE has been added to the acpi_video module, which sends devd events whenever the brightness was changed.
- brightness_listener has been added. It is a tool that listens in the background on devd events for keypresses of screen brightness buttons and shows the current brightness level using dunst(1).
- volumecontrol has been added. It is a wrapper around /usr/sbin/mixer to increase, decrease and toggle mute the soundcard and display the current value with dunst(1).
- and more..