OpenMandriva Lx 4.1 released; See screenshots
The OpenMandriva Association has announced the availability of OpenMandriva Lx 4.1, a stable release from OpenMandriva family. OpenMandriva Lx 4.1 brings a set of updated packages, desktop environments, and process improvements.
The main highlights in this release are briefed in the official release announcement.
- Introduces OpenMandriva branded applications like, Desktop Presets (om-feeling-like) - a tool to customize the look and feel of the desktop, and Update Configuration(om-update-config) - a tool for configuring automatic updates.
- Linux Kernel 5.5.0
- Qt Frameworks 5.14.1
- Plasma: Frameworks 5.66.0, Plasma Desktop 5.17.5, Applications 19.12.1
- Java 13
- LibreOffice 188.8.131.52
- Falkon 3.1.0
- More alternative desktops are available for testing
- OpenMandriva clang compiled kernel, named kernel-release-clang. Users can install the same version of kernel-release and kernel-release-clang for comparison. Clang is the default compiler in OpenMandriva, but only recently the kernel was made compatible with it. For now, this is experimental
- Introduces Zypper as an alternative package manager
You can read the OpenMandriva Lx 4.1 official release announcement in the OpenMandriva blog.
OpenMandriva Lx 4.1 screenshots
01 OpenMandriva Welcome App02 Explaining new features in Welcome App03 Initial Config Options04 Application Installation Options05 OpenMandriva Lx 4.1 Desktop06 About OpenMandriva Lx 4.107 Application Menu08 Dolphin File Manager08 Konsole Terminal09 Busy Desktop10 Alt and tab window switching11 Falkon Browser12 Multimedia Playback with MPV13 Gwenview image viewer14 Showfoto Image Manager15 LibreOffice Writer16 Loading Krita17 Working with Krita Editor18 OpenMandriva Control Center19 OpenMandriva Control Center with System Config20 Plasma Control Center21 Global Theme Selection22 Resouce usage with KSysGuard23 Resouce usage with top24 dnfdragora package manager25 Shutdown menu26 Shutdown confirmation
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.