Salix 15.0 screenshot tour
On 5th September 2022, the Salix community announced the release of Salix 15.0. Salix 15.0 is the latest stable release from the Slackware-based GNU/Linux distribution family. It has been almost 6 years since the previous stable release of the Salix. Over these years, the Salix community has spent enormous effort in adding thousands of packages into Salix repositories.
What’s new in Salix 15.0?
Following are the noteworthy features of the Salix 15.0 release.
- Xfce 4.16 is the main desktop environment.
- Most of the applications including graphical system tools use GTK +3 framework.
- Firefox 102ESR
- LibreOffice 7.4
- GIMP 2.10
- Thousands of packages have been added to Salix repositories and are now available through Gslapt package manager.
- Flathub is preconfigured and users can directly install applications from flathub.org
- Salix 15.0 is available in 32bit and 64bit flavors.
- Fresh icon theme and window theme which comes in light variant. The dark variant is also available.
For further reading, see the Salix 15.0’s official release announcement in projects forums.
Download Salix 15.0
Salix 15.0 screenshots
The following section showcases some screenshots captured in Salix 15.0 running on VirtualBox.
01.0 Salix Desktop01.1 About Xfce02 Whisker Menu03 Thunar file manager04 terminal05 window switching06 firefox07 parole media player08 Exaile music player09 Appearance switch10 Settings manager11 Wallpaper collection12 Flathub collection13 Glapt package manager14 Resource utilization15 Shutdown confirmation