Tails 4.25 has been released
The Tails GNU/Linux project has announced the release of Tails 4.25. Tails 4.25 introduces some new features like a GUI for persistent storage backup, and the ability to boot from an external hard disk. It also brings updated packages to ensure the latest security advancements are available to the users.
What’s new in Tails 4.25?
The salient highlights in the Tails 4.25 release are as follows.
- Introduces a backup utility to make a backup of the Persistent Storage to another Tails USB stick. Previously, this was done through the command line. The app is still in the primitive stage. It will be useful for people who are struggling with system backup.
- Introduces the ability to boot from an external hard disk that was failing previously.
- Tor Browser 11.0.2.
- Tor 0.4.6.8.
- Introduces a shortcut to restart Tails when the Unsafe Browser was not enabled in the Welcome Screen.
- Introduces a link from the error screen of the Tor Connection assistant to our documentation on troubleshooting connecting to Tor.
- Fixed the display issue in an unsafe browser.
Download Tails 4.25
Visit the Tails Download page to get the ISO images or USB images.