Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix 21.10 released
Mr. Joshua Peisach has announced the release of Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix 21.10 with the code name Impish Indri. The Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix 21.10 release inherits all the core improvements from the Ubuntu Impish base and ships with the Cinnamon Desktop. It helps the users to have a solid system with a traditional layout that enhances productivity.
You may be interested in…
What is new in Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix 21.10?
Following are the key highlights in Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix 21.10 release.
- Live Session now runs the Ubiquity installer. The new installer is still WIP.
- Linux Kernel 5.13.0
- Python 3.9, Ruby 2.7, PHP 8.0, Perl 5.32.1, GNU Compiler Collection 11.2.0
- Firefox 93.0
- LibreOffice 220.127.116.11
- GIMP 2.10.24
- Some common GNOME apps used cross-DE, some 3.38, and some for GNOME 40/40.1 like the software center, photos, disk utility, system monitor, etc.
- Yaru-Cinnamon: GTK 4 theme support
Other than the listed changes above, most part of the Cinnamon Desktop remains intact.
For further reading, see the official Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix 21.10 release announcement in the projects website.
Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix 21.10 Impish Indri screenshots
01 title clip02 desktop03 application menu04 file manager05 terminal06 firefox07 rhythmbox08 image viewer09 libreoffice09 shotwell10 gimp11 control center12 background settings13 about system14 software center15 snap store16 resource usage17 calendar widget18 shutdown confirmation
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.