Calculate Linux Desktop 18 LXQt (CLDL) introduces LXQt for the first time
The Calculate Linux team has declared the release of Calculate Linux Desktop 18 with LXQt Desktop environment. This is the first release from Calculate Linux family with the LXQt environment.
Following the tradition of Calculate releases, Calculate Linux LXQt edition (CLDL) will also be 100% backward compatible with Gentoo base. It will use the Portage tool to install and manage packages.
Calculate Linux Desktop 18 Preview - Courtesy : Calculate Linux
CLDL brings a full-fledged desktop experience.
With the LXQt desktop, CLDL 18 will provide a lightweight, still full-featured desktop environment. It can work well for home and desktop users. LXQt brings a modern desktop with the advancement in Qt framework. It provides a lightweight desktop experience with the Openbox window manager.
CLDL 18 is shipped with following packages for providing the delighted user experience.
- LXQt 0.13
- PCManFM-Qt 0.13 for file management
- Firefox 63.0.3 as the Internet browser
- LibreOffice 18.104.22.168 as the office suite
- Gimp 2.10.4 for image editing
- Claws Mail 3.17.1 as the email client
- SMPlayer 18.9 as the video player
- Clementine 1.3.1 as the music player
- Gajim 0.16.9 messenger.
- Calculate utilities 22.214.171.124, which include the system installer, an update tool, and the ISO customization toolkit.
You can read the original Calculate Linux Desktop LXQt 18 release announcement and explore more screenshots on projects official blog.