Ubuntu MATE 19.10 released addressing many of the user experience issues
Mr. Martin Wimpress has announced the release of Ubuntu MATE 19.10, latest stable release of popular Ubuntu flavor featuring MATE Desktop. The main focus of this release was on fixing many of the long-standing user experience and visual experience issues.
Martin had an impression like, the recent releases of Ubuntu MATE was lacking a proper QA and contains some significant, but not so serious user experience issues. For the past few weeks, the team was focusing on fixing these issues which spin around the panel, window manager and the indicators.
The main improvements in Ubuntu MATE 19.10 Eoan Ermine are listed below. For a complete list of enhancements, you can continue reading Ubuntu MATE 19.10 release notes.
- MATE Desktop 1.22.2: Ubuntu MATE Eoan includes the latest bugfix release of the MATE Desktop. In addition to the fixes in this release, Martin has proactively fixed some other issues and patched them to the Ubuntu MATE release.
- Improved Marco WM: The Marco window manager has got multiple improvements like better support for HiDPI displays, more control for resizing windows, and screen tearing issue fix.
- Removed Compiz & Compton from default installation as it is no longer required.
- New/updated key binding for providing a more familiar user experience.
- Brisk Menu with bug fixes
- Fixed some crashing issues with Panel
- Fixed icon size issue with Indicator applet
- New indicator that provides control over notifications.
- Thunderbird has been replaced with evolution
- GNOME MPV replaced VLC
- Introduces Magnus - A simple screen magnifier
- Fixed theme related issues
- MATE Tweak can now remember user preferences when switching between layouts
- NVIDIA drivers are available in the default installation image.
- ISO optimizations to compensate increased size due to NVIDIA drivers.
- ZFS installation feature.
Ubuntu MATE 19.10 Eoan Ermine screenshots
01 Ubuntu MATE Welcome02 MATE Welcome - Browser Selection03 MATE Welcome - Dekstop Layout04 MATE Welcome - More Layouts05 Mutiny Layout06 Redmond Layout07 Cupertino Layout08 Pantheon Layout09 Ubuntu MATE Eoan Desktop10 About Ubuntu MATE Eoan11 Brisk Menu12 Caja File Manager13 MATE Terminal14 Firefox Web Browser15 Busy Desktop16 Alt and tab window switching17 GNOME MPV18 Rhythmbox19 Eye of MATE20 Shotwell21 LibreOffice Impress22 Magnus23 Software Boutique24 Fixing package manager issues25 MATE Control Center26 Background Selection27 Resouce usage on idle28 Resouce usage with htop29 Calendar Indicator30 System Menu31 Shutdown confirmation