Ubuntu MATE is a community of Ubuntu featuring MATE Desktop. The project delivers a modern yet traditional looking and productive desktop experience to the users.
Ubuntu MATE retains the classical Ubuntu experience with MATE Desktop, a successor of GNOME 2.x, which was used in earlier versions of Ubuntu.
The Ubuntu MATE project was started as an unofficial derivative of Ubuntu, beginning from Ubuntu 14.10, a 14.04 LTS released shortly. By February 2015, Ubuntu MATE gained the official Ubuntu flavor status.
Comparing to other flavors of Ubuntu, Ubuntu MATE supports a wider range of platforms. In addition to IA-32 and x86-64 which were the initially supported platforms, Ubuntu MATE also supports PowerPC and ARMv7 (on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3).
|Page Hit Rank (rank/views)||49(3 hits per month)|
Reviews of Ubuntu MATE
Other stories on Ubuntu MATE
- Solus project is introducing a brisk menu in collaboration with Ubuntu MATE
- Ubuntu MATE 20.10 Groovy Gorilla released
- Ubuntu MATE 20.04 Focal Fossa released
- Ubuntu MATE 19.10 released addressing many of the user experience issues
- Ubuntu MATE 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish ships a more stable MATE experience