Mageia is a community driven GNU/Linux operating system backed by a non-profit organization of elected contributors. Initially, it was started as a fork of Mandriva Linux in 2010. Over the years, Mageia has developed a lot and has become a full-fledged GNU/Linux distribution with its own brand name and identity.
The main motto of the Mageia project is told as to build great tools for people. The goal of the Mageia project is to be a credible and recognizable community in the free software world.
|Page Hit Rank (rank/views)||25(3 hits per month)|
|Base distributions|| |
Other stories on Mageia
- Mageia 6 development reaches final stage, release candidate is available now
- Mageia 6 development is in progress; GNOME 3.24 update is under testing
- Mageia linux 6 sta1 released, first step to Mageia 6
- Mageia 6 dev1 is available now
- Mageia 8 released; see screenshots
- Mageia 7 released, see screenshots
- Mageia 6.1 released with updated packages