GhostBSD 20.04 released
Mr. EricBSD has announced the release of GhostBSD 20.04, the newest stable release of Desktop focused BSD project. This release fixes several issues reported in the previous releases and brings a set of updated packages and applications.
The main highlights of GhostBSD 20.04 are listed below.
- Fixed ZFS forced 4k option on ZFS full disk installation
- Added 4k to default when creating ZFS partition with the installer partition editor
- Fixed pool cleanup when deleting ZFS partition with the installer partition editor
- Replaced gnome-mount and hald with FreeBSD devd and Vermaden automount. This enables support for more filesystems and makes the operation more stable.
- Fixed update manager weird loop
- Fixed duplicate software repository config
- Updated installer slide
- Improved auto-create partition
- Added boot loader option to disable syscons for AMD/Radeon GPUs, and boot mute
- Changed NetworkMgr to set SYNCDHCP by default
- Made Software Station progress bar more predominant
- Changed config to configure X and boot directly to the desktop on the installation
- Added ability to the installer to set hw.syscons.disable=1 if disable syscons is selected when booting livecd
- Fixed ntpd service
For further details on GhostBSD 20.04, read the official release announcement.