Linux Mint 21 Vanessa released
The Linux Mint team has announced the release of Linux Mint 21 Vanessa. This release includes all three official editions of Linux Mint - Xfce, Cinnamon, and MATE.
Linux Mint 21 Vanessa is a long-term support release that inherits from Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. This release will get support and security updates till 2027.
What is new in Linux Mint 21?
The salient features in Linux Mint 21 are as follows.
- Blueman replaces Blueberry. Blueman is a desktop-independent Bluetooth management tool. It offers additional options for managing Bluetooth devices - also the upstream projects are very active.
- Linux Mint 21 addresses missing thumb nail issue for some of the common file types.
- The Sticky Notes application introduces the ability to duplicate notes. When creating new notes, each note use a predictable color instead of random color to ensure each adjacent note is having different colors.
- Introduces a small process monitor to detect automated updates and automated system snapshots running in the background.
- Various improvements on XApp
- Improvements on themes and wallpapers
- Linux Kernel 5.15
- Xfce 4.16
- MATE 1.26
- Cinnamon 5.4
- Inhertis from Ubuntu 22.04 LTS hence offers support till 2027 with essential security patches.
- A recent Linux Kernel version to provide better hardware compatibility.
For further information read the official release announcement in Linux Mint blog.
- Linux Mint 21 Vanessa Xfce announcement
- Linux Mint 21 Vanessa MATE announcement
- Linux Mint 21 Vanessa Cinnamon announcement
For more videos, subscribe our channel DistroScreens on YouTube.