LXQt 1.0.0 has been released with several improvements
The LXQt project has announced the release of LXQt 1.0.0 - a major release of the lightweight desktop environment project based on the Qt framework. The LXQt 1.0.0 depends on the Qt 5.15 - the final LTS release in the Qt 5 series. It also comes with several improvements and bug fixes.
A picture of LXQt 1.0 Desktop - Courtesy: LXQt Project
What’s new in LXQt 1.0.0?
The following section briefly explains the most visible changes in the LXQt 1.0.0 release. For a complete list of changes, read the LXQt 1.0.0 official release announcement on the project’s official website.
- LXQt 1.0.0 depends on Qt 5.15, which is the last LTS version of Qt5.
- Custom emblem support in the file manager, smoother scrolling, ability to make sticky items, and the ability to apply changes recursively
- Do-Not-Disturb mode has been added to the LXQt Notifications.
- LXQt Panel has a new plugin, called “Custom Command” for executing custom commands
- Saving and loading of Qt palettes are possible in LXQt Appearance Configuration.
- Idleness checks can be paused from the tray icon of LXQt Power Manager.
- Names of dragged and dropped files are quoted in QTerminal.
- Introduces two new LXQt themes, and bug fixes for the existing themes.
- Mount, unmount, and eject actions are added to the file context menu under computer:///
- Items of Main Menu’s search results have context menus and can be dragged and dropped.
- Better icon handling in Status Notifier.
- Improvements in the LXQt Image Viewer
- .. and more.
Getting LXQt 1.0.0
At the moment of writing this release announcement, the only option to try LXQt 1.0.0 is using the source code. If you are an expert user, you can download the source code from the below link, and compile and try. LXQt 1.0.0 Source Code
If you are not experienced enough to build and use the source code, you may need to wait for a distribution that comes with LXQt 1.0.0. You can see our LXQt page to read about the distributions with LXQt Desktop.