openSUSE Leap 15.4 has been released
The openSUSE release management team has announced the release of openSUSE Leap 15.4, a minor release in the openSUSE Leap 15 series. OpenSUSE Leap 15.4 brings significant enhancements and features compared to the previous releases.
What is new in openSUSE Leap 15.4?
- With a new migration tool in YaST, the Leap to SUSE Linux Enterprise is now much easy.
- openSUSE Leap 15.4 Offers a new build for the containers - the Leap Micro 5.2. Leap Micro is a modern lightweight operating system that is immutable and ideal for host-container and virtualized workloads
- openSUSE Leap 15.4 simplifies multimedia codec installation.
- AMD’s and Intel’s continual open-source Linux graphics drivers commitment, users of modern NVIDIA GPUs will benefit from it signing firmware images for the latest-generation GeForce 30 series GPUs.
- Dell’s sassist helps with troubleshooting/debugging with Dell PowerEdge Server.
- Deprecation of Python 2, libvirt LXC containers, and OpenLDAP server in server installations.
- The 389 Directory Server is the primary LDAP server, which replaces the OpenLDAP server.
- PHP 8.1.0
- Leap 15.4 offers KDE Plasma 5.24 LTS, on top of Qt 5.15 LTS with the “KDE Qt 5 Patch collection” on top.
- Updated desktop environments like Plasma 5.24, GNOME 41， Enlightenment 0.25 and MATE 1.26.
- Xfce 4.16 and Deepin 20.3 will remain.
- and more.
openSUSE Leap 15.3 End of Life Notice
openSUSE Leap 15.3 will have its End of Life (EOL) six months from the 15.4 release. Users should update to openSUSE Leap 15.4 to continue to receive security and maintenance updates within six months of June 8, 2022.