openSUSE is an independently developed, enterprise quality distribution backed by SUSE Foundation. In addition to all benefits of regular GNU/Linux distribution, it comes with powerful system administration and configuration tools like YaST - a comprehensive linux system configuration and installation, OBS - Open Build Service, build tool supporting builds for openSUSE itself and other main stream distributions like Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian ..etc.
openSUSE comes in two different flavors. The Leap edition is an extremely stable, conservative, professional quality distribution. It shares core packages with SUSE Enterprise Linux(SEL) and enjoys support from dedicated community members. While, the TumbleWeed edition is a rolling edition with bleeding edge technologies.
|Page Hit Rank (rank/views)||87(0 hits per month)|
|Base distributions|| |
Reviews of openSUSE
Other stories on openSUSE
- openSUSE Leap 15.4 Alpha images are ready for testing
- OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 GNOME Edition screenshots
- OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 Plasma Edition screenshots
- OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 released with more focus on AI, machine learning, and container technologies
- OpenSUSE Tumbleweed Xfce screenshots, pros, and cons
- openSUSE Leap 15.1 Plasma Edition screenshots
Frequently asked questions on openSUSE
How to install Budgie Desktop in OpenSUSE
For getting Budgie Desktop in OpenSUSE, you can either download GeckoLinux Budgie Edition (A OpenSUSE derivative) or enable Solus repositories on OpenSUSE Build Service. Further details are available in OpenSUSE wiki pages for Budgie