Neptune is a GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian stable branch. Currently, it is based on Debian 11.x Bullseye. Neptune ships all packages from the Debian repositories except for Linux Kernel and some additional drivers. It provides a recent version of Linux Kernel and drivers for better hardware compatibility.
The main aim of Neptune is to deliver an elegant, out-of-the-box desktop experience. Towards this goal, Neptune ships a simplified plasma desktop with a set of multimedia codecs, a flash player, and audio and video players.
Most of the packages in Neptune are inherited from Debian repositories themselves. It also makes use of packages from Netrunner. Neptune also maintains their repository to package some of the custom applications.
|Page Hit Rank (rank/views)||82(0 hits per month)|
Other stories on Neptune
- Neptune 8.0 Juna Released: A Major Update for the Debian-Based Linux Distribution
- Neptune OS 7.5 Ada released
- Neptune OS 6.0 released based on Debian Buster
- Neptune 5.6 brings improved gaming experience and hardware compatibility
- Neptune 5.4 released with a fresh look and feel
- Neptune 5 'Refresh' released; See what is new