feren OS is a traditional looking, modern desktop environment built on top Linux Mint. It offers a well customized Cinnamon Desktop without compromising productivity.
The main objective of feren OS is to provide a friendly experience to people migrating from other proprietary platforms like windows and macOS.
feren OS ships WINE by default, to provide support for windows binary applications, which is one of the key point windows migrants looks on GNU/Linux platforms.
Instead of delivering a vanilla Cinnamon experience, feren OS ships client side decoration enabled applications from GNOME world to provide a delightful experience to users.
Beginning from August 2017, feren OS team has decided to switch to a rolling release model. As the beginning of this, an updated snapshot was released in August 2017.
|Page Hit Rank (rank/views)||32(3 hits per month)|
Other stories on feren OS
- Feren OS 2021.10 has been released with iterative improvements
- Feren OS 2020.11 Carbon released
- Feren OS 2019.12 snapshot features Plasma as the main desktop
- First RC released for Feren OS Next
- First look of feren OS 2019.07 rolling snapshot
- Feren OS October snapshot brings major improvements
- feren OS launches a new snapshot to welcome 2018