Sparky Linux is a Debian-based GNU/Linux distribution offering a ready-to-use, out-of-the-box operating system. It comes with slightly customized variations of different desktop environments.
There are several variations of Sparky Linux. The Home Edition provides a complete operating system with all the essential plugins/codecs and other applications and tools that will find use in day-to-day life. Sparky Linux Home Editions mainly comes with LXQt, LXDE, and MATE Desktop environments.
The Sparky Linux Minimal GUI comes with a lightweight Openbox configuration and installer to install the required tools and packages. The Minimal CLI version comes with a text-based installer, and it is for advanced users who prefer to configure their operating system in their way.
The Sparky semi-rolling line inherits from the Debian testing and offers a rolling-like experience.
In addition to these, Sparky Linux has another variation called Game Over which is for serious gaming. The Game Over edition comes with several games for GNU/Linux platform.
|Page Hit Rank (rank/views)||6(8 hits per month)|
Other stories on Sparky Linux
- Sparky 2021.09 (semi-rolling) is out with the Debian Bookworm foundation
- Sparky 6.0 Po Tolo released with Debian Bullseye Foundation
- Sparky 2019.11 Po Tolo released with Debian Bullseye base
- SparkyLinux 5.9 Nibiru released
- Sparky 2019.08 - First snapshot in Bullseye series - released
- Sparky Linux celebrates Poland's 100th independence day with 4.9 release
- Sparky Linux 5.5 Nibiru released with GCC8 and Linux 4.18.6