Fedora is an independently developed GNU/Linux distribution backed by open source giant Red Hat. Fedora is a cutting-edge distribution that ships new releases in a rough period of 6 months.
Fedora is often referred as an experimental bed for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Most of the bleed edge technologies will be introduced in Fedora first, and once it becomes stable, the same technology will be adopted in Enterprise Linux as well.
Fedora comes in different variations, which includes Fedora Workstation, Fedora spins Fedora labs, Fedora server edition, Fedora cloud edition and ARM variations. Fedora spins showcase different desktop environments, while Fedora labs are distributions oriented towards different fields such as security, robotics, electronics, games ..etc.
|Page Hit Rank (rank/views)||41(2 hits per month)|
|Base distributions|| |
|Distributions based on Fedora|
Other stories on Fedora
- Fedora 26 approaches end of life
- Fedora 27 beta enters freeze state
- Fedora 24 reaches end of life
- Fedora Linux 38 Beta has been released, with GNOME 44 development release.
- Fedora 37 is available now
- Fedora Wallpapers from Fedora Core 1 to Fedora 37 Workstation
- Fedora 35 has been released
- Fedora 35 KDE Plasma Spin - Screenshots & preview video
- Fedora 34 released with GNOME 40 and other updates
- Fedora 33 released with GNOME 3.38
- Fedora 32 released with GNOME 3.36, see the screenshots
- Fedora 32 Workstation BETA / GNOME 3.36 screenshots
- Fedora 31 officially released, see screenshots
- Fedora 31 BETA released with GNOME 3.34; See screenshots
- Fedora 30 Workstation with Pantheon Shell
- Fedora celebrates 15th birthday with Fedora 29 release
- Fedora 29 Beta released with GNOME 3.30
- Fedora 28 beta released with initial support for modular repositories
- Fedora 27 released
What do you think about Fedora?