Fedora is an independently developed GNU/Linux distribution backed by open source giant Red Hat. Fedora is a cutting-edge distribution that ships new releases in a rough period of 6 months.
Fedora is often referred as an experimental bed for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Most of the bleed edge technologies will be introduced in Fedora first, and once it becomes stable, the same technology will be adopted in Enterprise Linux as well.
Fedora comes in different variations, which includes Fedora Workstation, Fedora spins Fedora labs, Fedora server edition, Fedora cloud edition and ARM variations. Fedora spins showcase different desktop environments, while Fedora labs are distributions oriented towards different fields such as security, robotics, electronics, games ..etc.
|Page Hit Rank (rank/views)||47(1 hits per month)|
|Base distributions|| |
|Distributions based on Fedora|
Reviews of Fedora
- Fedora 28 is another solid release, though vanilla gnome looks somewhat dull
- Fedora 27 makes desktop operating system less relevant with too many bugs & crashes - Dedoimedo
- Fedora 27 is more like a testing ground and provides less polished user experience - DistroWatch
- Fedora 25 is not something worth to recommend
Other stories on Fedora
- Fedora 26 approaches end of life
- Fedora 27 beta enters freeze state
- Fedora 24 reaches end of life
- Fedora 31 officially released, see screenshots
- Fedora 31 BETA released with GNOME 3.34; See screenshots
- Fedora 30 Workstation with Pantheon Shell
- Fedora celebrates 15th birthday with Fedora 29 release
- Fedora Wallpapers since Fedora Core 1
- Fedora 29 Beta released with GNOME 3.30
- Fedora 28 beta released with initial support for modular repositories
- Fedora 27 released